Thought Leader

Marshall

Spanish
Hello people :
Well I have a doubt about the meaning of the term "though leader".
Context: "xxx, the innovative thought leader in performance managment software."
I have seen some translations into spanish as "lider de pensamiento", but it doesn't make too much sense to me.
Any suggestions?

• Míde

Ireland English
    I have never heard of this expression before. I assume however that it means that this company has the best innovative and thinking people. The intelligence of its (I'm assuming) programmers has the company regarded as the best in the field. Hopefully others will explain this a little better than I have. I wouldn't lose sleep over this expression and I certainly wouldn't use it myself.

panjandrum

Occasional Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Marshall said:
    Hello people :
    Well I have a doubt about the meaning of the term "though leader".
    Context: "xxx, the innovative thought leader in performance managment software."
    I have seen some translations into spanish as "lider de pensamiento", but it doesn't make too much sense to me.
    Any suggestions?
    My only suggestion is that if you have the choice, do not under any circumstances buy their software. If they can't use the English language effectively, they probably can't use a programming language effectively.

maxiogee

Banned
    imithe
    I think you might be referring to a "leading thinker in performance management software" - but it wouldn't be a common expression outside of real 'thought'
    .... so that one could say "Jean Paul Sartre was a leading thinker in the Paris of the middle Twentieth Century." or maybe "Andy Warhol was one of the leading thinkers and exponents of Pop Art".

In the discussion of things like performance management software one would usually say that "xxx is a leading player in performance management software."

maxiogee

Banned
    imithe
    I think, Panjandrum, that the English has been already mangled by a translation from some other language.

Marshall

Spanish
    Now, the funny thing is that u can find some expresions like this one in google. So it does exist. :p
    I'm thinking of the translation: " xxx, Líder reconocido en la creación de software para Gestión de Rendimiento".
    ANy opinions? :p

< Previous | Next >