thread-the-needle

< Previous | Next >

Fochina

Italian
Me again!

Another expression I can't understand...talking about dance figures, what does this mean?

thread-the-needle

I found "infilare l'ago" in Italian, but can you explan to me its meaning?

Thank you!

• Yulan

Italian
    Ciao Fochina :)

There are many clips available (you can google them) showing what "Thread the needle" is.

This may help you as well (Webfeet.org):

For the figure, you could meet it if you are dancing in set of 4 or 5 couples and you know it's likely to happen if the caller says:
    • Join hands along the lines and the couple at the bottom of the set also join up to make a horseshoe'.
    The caller may say ladies, thread the needle or men, thread the needle, these notes are for the men threading first... and there is a sedate and a somehwat wilder way of approaching the figure.

Ciao :)

EDIT:
    HI HOLY ... we almost got there together! Take care ;-)

Holymaloney

English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Ciao Fochina :)

There are many clips available (you can google them) showing what "Thread the needle" is.

This may help you as well (Webfeet.org):

For the figure, you could meet it if you are dancing in set of 4 or 5 couples and you know it's likely to happen if the caller says:
    • Join hands along the lines and the couple at the bottom of the set also join up to make a horseshoe'.
    The caller may say ladies, thread the needle or men, thread the needle, these notes are for the men threading first... and there is a sedate and a somehwat wilder way of approaching the figure.

Ciao :)

EDIT:
    HI HOLY ... we almost got there together! Take care ;-)
    Hi Yulan :):):)!

Yes indeed! Nice to meet you on a Saturday too! Take care as well!!!:)

< Previous | Next >