three-dimensional blister

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
Hello, I was wondering if I could use "three-dimensional" to describe a blister that is round, uneven, and full; for example: "I burnt my hand and now I have a big three-dimensional blister."
  • Chez

    Senior Member
    English English
    You could, but it's a bit pointless. If you know what a blister is, you know it is three-dimensional. Unless it is a swollen shape filled with liquid, it is not a blister.


    Senior Member
    English (northeastern US)
    If I want to vividly describe a blister with a surface that protrudes noticeably above the surface of the surrounding skin, I'd say 'a big fat blister.'


    Senior Member
    English - US
    To be a bit pedantic, everything in the real world made of matter is, in fact, three-dimensional. The flattest blister you could imagine is thicker than a piece of paper.
    < Previous | Next >