thriving by-ways

< Previous | Next >

spohreis

Portuguese-Brazil
Olá a todos!

Context do Action Comics #584. Uma repórter está falando sobre Metrópolis (a cidade onde mora o Superman).

"Here, in these constantly thriving by-ways, a population equivalent to a medium-sized country shops, eats, loves and learns".

Alguém teria uma sugestão para o termo em questão?

Obrigado desde já!

• XiaoRoel

galego, español
    Esta é a minha ideia para a tradução. Pulular recolhe o matiz abundancial e a noção de movimento constante:
    Aqui, nesse/neste persistente pulular pelas ruas…

indigoduck

Canadian English
    Olá a todos!

Context do Action Comics #584. Uma repórter está falando sobre Metrópolis (a cidade onde mora o Superman).

"Here, in these constantly thriving by-ways, a population equivalent to a medium-sized country shops, eats, loves and learns".

Alguém teria uma sugestão para o termo em questão?

Obrigado desde já!
    Here, in these constantly properous avenues (major roads of life) ...

"Aqui, nestes vias (de vida) constantementes prósperas ..."

Not necessarily talking about this particular street... but a group of streets in general as an image describing a path that these people visit frequently and have become a part of their lives

ewie

English English
    (major roads of life)
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: Byways suggests the complete opposite to me, Duckie: 'sidestreets', 'streets that are away from the major thoroughfares'.
    I seem to think that when Spoh asked this question in the English Only forum he got the same contradictory answers ... which is why I recommended the
    avoiding-the-issue rúas ruas:)

ewie

English English
    Hi Spoh. No, I meant that using rua avoids the issue of whether or not byways are 'major roads' or 'side-streets'.

I wasn't deliberately avoiding tackling the term thriving (próspero?) ~ I just forgot:eek:

spohreis

Portuguese-Brazil
    Hi Spoh. No, I meant that using rua avoids the issue of whether or not byways are 'major roads' or 'side-streets'.

I wasn't deliberately avoiding tackling the term thriving (próspero?) ~ I just forgot:eek:
    Ok! Tudo claro!:)

< Previous | Next >