throw away left over

Lnx

Spa-Eng/lish (all over the web)
Hi, there are tools in portage that helps identify configuration files that need updating and giving you option of whether or not update them. Specifically, dispatch-conf is a tool that aids in merging the ._cfg0000_<name> files. ._cfg0000_<name> files are generated by Portage when it wants to overwrite a file in a directory protected by the CONFIG_PROTECT variable. By the way, it's the same with etc-update, you can replace the original with a update, delete update keeping original as-is or even merge original with.

Comment: Actually, I use neither, I use to find the new files, and edit and change them by hand and then throw away left over _cfg.... files.

Mi intento: En verdad/en realidad/realmente, no uso ninguno, uso find para encontrar los nuevos archivos, editarlos y modificarlos a mano(manualmente) y luego ¿elimino/borro/tiro? los archivos _cfg que sobran/quedan/se descartan.

However, i've come across with these sentences:
You throw away left over meat in the trash.
I throw away leftover liquid food into the toilet.
Throw the leftovers away.

Which are others ways of saying "throw trash away". The thing is that, in this case, when one says "left over", it doesn't necessarily mean going to ~/.trash.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
  • Chris K

English / US
    [...]

Comment: Actually, I use neither, I use to find the new files, and edit and change them by hand and then throw away left over _cfg.... files.

Mi intento: Actualmente, no uso ninguno, [...]
    "Actually" no es actualmente sino en realidad / realmente.

Lnx

Spa-Eng/lish (all over the web)

I forgot to correct that word, but what about "throw away left over"?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

lmgutie

Mexican Spanish
    "left overs" son los residuos/desperdicios/sobrantes
    "throw away left over files" sería "descartar archivos sobrantes"

< Previous | Next >