Tibetan: It’s easy to do nothing. It’s hard to forgive.

Broken Wolf

English
Salutations, everyone.

Could someone please translate the following into Tibetan?

"It’s Easy To Do Nothing. It’s Hard To Forgive"

Thank you in advance.

• L'irlandais

Ireland: English-speaking ♂
    The spiritual word forgive can be expressed as [dka' rnyog sel ba] དཀའ་རྙོག་སེལ་བ
    If you translated it to English it would literally be: to clear away trouble (discord)
    Source: The Tibetan and Himalayan Library
    To translate the word « nothing » in this context (as an opposite to forgiving) is no easy task.
    I see no way of reconstructioning the juxtaposition from the American comic. For me it’s a seemingly paradoxical statement, which doesn’t hold up under scrutiny. That’s to say, it is not easy to not forgive; it is in fact soul destroying. And correspondingly, for Buddhists from Tibet, forgiveness is letting go of anger, resentment, bitterness and other negative emotions, as a form of healing.

Compare this genuine buddhist saying: « Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. »
    So for Tibetans not forgiving is holding on to pain. Culturally not viewed as an easy thing to do.

Last edited:

Broken Wolf

English
    Firstly, the character who said that line is saying it to another character who doesn't share that belief.
    Secondly, it's not a comic. It's a cartoon. Thirdly. I just want the translation into Central Tibetan. It's just a sentence. I doubt it's very hard.

< Previous | Next >