1. avestruzhouse Senior Member

    English - United States
    Hola, estoy traduccion un diccionario fotografico. tengo 2 dudas...primero, como se dice: tiempo de obturacion? y materia sensible?

    Aqui tengo:

    Tiempo de obturación
    El material sensible de una cámara (ya sea un sensor digital o película) reacciona ante la presencia de luz. De ahí el nombre foto-grafía. Ahora bien el material sensible suele ser expuesto a la luz por un instante, de la duración de ese instante, que llamaremos tiempo de obturación, depende la cantidad de luz que incida en el material sensible. Es decir a mayor tiempo de obturación se obtiene una exposición más luminosa. Los tiempos de obturación de una cámara suelen expresarse en fracciones de segundo: 1/60 significa la sesentava parte de un segundo 1/1000 significa la milésima parte de un segundo 1/2 significa medio segundo 1 significa un segundo. Entonces cuando un objeto a fotografiar esté poco iluminado necesitaremos mayor tiempo de obturación. Sin embargo debe tenerse en cuenta que aumentar el tiempo de obturación (1/1000 < 1/60) conlleva sus problemas, ya que si el objeto (o la cámara) se mueve en el tiempo en que el objetivo está abierto, la imagen de todo lo que se mueva se verá borrosa. Un tiempo de exposición mayor que 1/60 demanda un pulso firme, un tiempo de obturación mayor que 1/20 demanda un trípode o un punto de apoyo para la cámara.

    Mi intento:
    Exposure Time
    The sensitive material of a camera (be it a digital or film sensor) reacts with the presence of light. From there we get the name photo-graphy. However, if the sensitive material is exposed to light for an instant (we’ll call the duration of this insant the shutter time), it depends on the amount of light that has a bearing on the sensitive material. In other words, a higher shutter time will cause for a better lit exposure. A camera’s exposure time tends to be expressed in fractions of a second: 1/60 means a sixtieth of a second, 1/1000 means a thousandth of a second, 1/2 means a half second, 1 means a second. Therefore when the object that is to be photographed is not well lit, we will need to use a longer exposure time. However, it should be kept in mind that extending the exposure time (1/1000 < 1/60) has its own problems, and if the object (or the camera) moves while the lens is open, everything that moves will look blurry. An exposure time higher than 1/60 requires the button to be pressed firmly, and an exposure time higher tan 1/20 requires a tripod or some kind of support for the camera. .
  2. St. Nick Senior Member


    I'm okay with 'light sensitive material,' be it film or digital sensor. "Tiempo de obturacion" is trickier in this text because they're talking about duration rather than the size of the aperture opening, that is, the aperture or f-stop. Exposure is determined by a combination of aperture and shutter speed. The discussion in this paragraph is limited to "shutter speed", so be careful because this where things become counter intuitive, inversely proportional. When they're talking about a "mayor tiempo de obturación," it translates as a "slower shutter speed." A 'menor tiempo de obturación' would be a faster shutter speed.

    This is usually expressed as "to use" a slower or faster shutter speed or "to set the camera to" a slower or faster shutter speed.
  3. avestruzhouse Senior Member

    English - United States
    Okay great, thanks! I went ahead and changed that. So would you keep "shutter time" or would you change tiempo de obturacion to something else? I know it isn't shutter speed, nor exposure time. I just can't think of what it could be in English and am considering writing exposure time because "shutter time" is something I just invented.

Share This Page