Tissue debris?


Senior Member
Context: formal writing.

Question: when you wet a tissue and wipe your face with the tissue, your face will usually be covered with tissue "debris". I am not so sure if "debris" is a correct term for that kind of thing, can anyone advice on it?
  • suzi br

    Senior Member
    English / England
    I have never really felt the need to describe this, but I certainly wouldn't call it debris. I'd probably just say bits .. bits of tissue.


    Senior Member
    British English (Sussex)
    What kind of formal writing is this, kachibi?

    Your sentence with the tissue doesn't sound very formal, and I would endorse suzi's reaction to the use of debris there. If you have a more formal context in mind, please tell us.
    < Previous | Next >