titular (del radio)

< Previous | Next >

Damnjoe

U.S. English
I understand titular to be like "headlines," but I'm trying to wrap my head around how to say it for radio broadcasts. My context is in Peru, in Ayacucho. Here's the context:

Sacó su radiorreceptor de su mochila mágica y sintonizó los titulares de una emisora capitalina. La misma bazofia -dijo, al escuchar los consabidos editoriales encomiando al general Velazco y sus reformas.

He took his radio receiver from his magic bag and tuned in to the headlines?? of a broadcast from the capital. The same crap, he said, listening to the same old editorials praising General Velasco Alvarado and his reforms.

Is "headlines" right in this context? I usually hear the word "headlines" when talking about newspapers, or maybe the TV ("headlines of the day" on a news show, for example). But I've never heard "headlines" or "editorials" used when talking about radio broadcasts, I don't know how to translate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Cal inhibes

Spanish
    Así sea metafórico, headlines suena muy bien. Todos saben que quien da las noticias las está leyendo y perfectamente puede leer los titulares.
    Saludos

Damnjoe

U.S. English
    Así sea metafórico, headlines suena muy bien. Todos saben que quien da las noticias las está leyendo y perfectamente puede leer los titulares.
    Saludos
    Oh, I guess that is true. It´s an old book, I suppose back in the day the radios read the editorials out loud for the country folk who had a radio, no? So talking about editorials and headlines would make sense.

< Previous | Next >