To be in the eye-line

• Agnesch

Italian
    Normally I provide context and my possible translation, but this time I really have no idea about a possible translation and the context is practically inexistent (there are two women in a deleted scenes commentary and one says to the other: Is that little lonely girl in the eye line? while commenting something off screen) I really have no clue! :-(

TimLA

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    Hi,

It might mean something like "Is that little lonely girl visible?"
    Or if you heard it they might be talking about "the I line - a line of people".
    Very difficult without full context.
    Is there anything visibile? or is it just voice?

Agnesch

Italian
    There is nothing visible from the scene, it is a close-up of these two womes saying this line, and they look on their bottom right, but offscreen and nothing can been seen! The line is that (in the eye-line because I received the transcription).
    I know it is really hard to give advice based on these little elements, but I'll go with your interpretation, TimLA, and I really thank you for your effort!

Agnesch

Italian
    Yes, they're on a movie set and are resting...it is a gag video, so this is the reason why there is no context...it's a series of cut flash scenes that are unrelated the one with the other...

Necsus

Italian (Italy)
    Ma allora non è così misterioso... L'eye-line è una tecnica di ripresa/montaggio, in cui a un'inquadratura del personaggio si fa seguire una sua soggettiva. Credo che in italiano, quando non si usa il termine inglese, sia definito 'raccordo sullo sguardo'. Comunque immagino che a te basti sapere che si riferiscono a una ripresa...

Agnesch

Italian
    Grazie mille Necsus!!! Avevo intuito che fosse un termine tecnico, ma non ero riuscita a trovare l'equivalente italiano da nessuna parte!
    Thanks so much!!! :)

< Previous | Next >