to be run or to be proceed

Mr.Korean

Korean
HI, I am writing technical manual about a robot. I want to fix some grammar mistake on two sentences below.

Here is ..
- This manual has been tested on Ubuntu platform
- This manual is supposed to be running on PC which contains dependency packages. Run the instruction below on your PC.

-> Well.. I feel like it's very very awkward. I think I should rewrite it and it goes like that..
"The test is done under Ubuntu platform. Proceed to its manual on a PC which already contains dependency packages installed in"

I want any feedback from anyone

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

• QuasiTriestino

American English
    I would think This test is done in Ubuntu or This test was done in Ubuntu would suffice. As for the rest, your new sentence is very different from the old one, which is telling the reader to run some code (?) or something on a PC. What isn't clear to me is this: Does the user have to make sure the dependency packages are already on the PC (and if not, those packages need to be loaded first)? Or do PCs already come with these packages pre-installed?

P.S. Welcome to the forum! :)

Mr.Korean

Korean
    Hi Triestino! First of all, many thanks to you informing me advice. Second, Yes you are right. There are dependencies which must be preinstalled in PC. So, here is my rewritten sentence.
    "Make sure ROS dependencies must be installed before running instruction"

But I am not sure I would say "this test was done" cause users actually read a manual and follow instructions. I want to inform users, a test is done on specific Ubuntu OS version, so that they are reminded not to use other OS version.

If I said "this test is done on Ubuntu", does it match my purpose??

Ps. Thank you for welcoming me !! I love this forum

QuasiTriestino

American English
    Make sure ROS dependencies are installed before performing these instructions would be more natural.

This test is done in Ubuntu is completely fine or even in the Ubuntu operating system.

Mr.Korean

Korean
    Make sure ROS dependencies are installed before performing these instructions would be more natural.

This test is done in Ubuntu is completely fine or even in the Ubuntu operating system.

Sorry to reply your comment. I love your answer. It really helps my writing improved, but also It helps my writing skill as well.

Thanks a lot a pumpkin !!! Have a good day !

< Previous | Next >