to be worth hoping?

sinolo

Italian
Hi Friends,
I'm writing an informal letter to a friend, but I have problems with this sentence:

"This is another song you should listen to when you feel discouraged or just tired… to look for something that’s worth hoping for!"

Is it correct "worth hoping"? I know "hope" isn't usually used in the continuous tenses, so it might sound a bit weird.

Many thanks in advance!

• Copyright

American English
    Well, I'm hoping others will agree with me that the sentence sounds just fine.

(It's something worth hoping for, anyway.)

timpeac

English (England)
    Hi Friends,
    I'm writing an informal letter to a friend, but I have problems with this sentence:

"This is another song you should listen to when you feel discouraged or just tired… to look for something that’s worth hoping for!"

Is it correct "worth hoping"? I know "hope" isn't usually used in the continuous tenses, so it might sound a bit weird.

Many thanks in advance!
    Your sentence sounds great:). You're right, generally "to hope" isn't used in the continuous tense - but I think here we have the noun (the gerundive form). For example, you could say "hoping for things is something that helps people relax". I think it's a noun here, not a continuous form of a verb.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >