to become smarter...

hly2004

Banned
chinese
Hi, everyone;

Books, magazines and television shows tell us about food and pills we should buy to become smarter, healthier and more beautiful.

Could you please tell me what part the adverbial phrase "to become...and more beautiful" is used to modify?

more explanation:

I know here "to" means "in order to". But I'm not sure if "to..." modifies a sentence or a word,such as"buy".

Best wishes.

• Hi, everyone;

Books, magazines and television shows tell us about food and pills we should buy to become smarter, healthier and more beautiful.

Could you please tell me what part the adverbial phrase "to become...and more beautiful" is used to modify?

more explanation:

I know here "to" means "in order to". But I'm not sure if "to..." modifies a sentence or a word,such as"buy".

Best wishes.
    Hi hly,

"about food and pills we should buy".

LRV

Moviefans

Chinese
    The normal order is "We should buy food and pills to become smarter, healthier and more beautiful."
    It's suffice to know that it is intended as a purpose of "buying food and pills." Please don't be obssessed with the word "modify". It's just a word to describe a phenomenon, but other words can also be capable of doing so.

< Previous | Next >