To boost in

< Previous | Next >

cletus79

Italian
Hi there,

I need a little help with an extract of my speculative application.

I would like to know, is "to boost in" correct in that context?
I would use it to avoid repeating the word "increase" that I used just before.

Here the extract:

The main duties were: create new campaigns intended for the social media channels; increase the customers engagement, seek, check and choose the right keywords to boost in the search engines.

Thank you very much.

• cletus79

Italian
    Hi Tazzler,

I will try to explain... I was seeking, checking and choosing the keywords to increase in the search engines ranking. Sorry I realized right now that before I forgot the word "ranking" maybe for that wasn't so clear to understand.

But I wouldn't want use the word "increase" that I used before for the customers engagement.

I hope I explained properly...

Egmont

English - U.S.
    You want to improve your site's ranking in the search engines.

If you want to use a technical term, what you're trying to do is called search engine optimization or SEO. SEO involves more than keywords, though.

cletus79

Italian
    Hi Egmont,

I know what is SEO, but isn't what I was doing in that job I am speaking about in my speculative application.

I would want just know if is correct to use "to boost in" instead of "to increase" to avoid repeating the same word in a short time.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    You can't just boost in the search engines. The word "boost" doesn't mean anything unless the reader knows what you're boosting. Specifically, you are trying to boost your site's ranking in the search engines. You have to say that.

owlman5

English-US
    I would want just know if is correct to use "to boost in" instead of "to increase" to avoid repeating the same word in a short time.
    I think this use of "boost" is unusual and could confuse people who are reading it for the first time. I'd probably add "their popularity" or maybe "their ranking" to make sure that people understood just what it was that was being boosted: ...seek, check, and choose the right keywords to boost their ranking in the search engines.

< Previous | Next >