To certify

< Previous | Next >

macforever

Italian
I'm trying to translate a couple of sentences and I am not sure if they are correct.
"This is to certify that X X suffers from Crohn's disease and she is also allergic to lactose. She is presently under treatment with the following medicines: Pentasa 500g and Mefral 20g".
Thank you for you help.

• e2efour

UK English
    Sounds alright. You don't need she in the first sentence.

I prefer to see generic names of drugs, i.e. mesalazine and mefenamic acid(?). But you can always put the proprietary names in brackets.

macforever

Italian
    Sounds alright. You don't need she in the first sentence.

I prefer to see generic names of drugs, i.e. mesalazine and mefenamic acid(?). But you can always put the proprietary names in brackets.
    Great! Thank you.
    Macforever

Hi,

I can offer you this style of writing medications requirements letter that I use very often

MEDICATIONS REQUIREMENTS LETTER
    The following paragraph includes a sample of text that may be used on professional letterhead for patients traveling in circumstances where a letter from their physician may be indicated. The letter should begin by stating the traveler's full name, destination, and the date. The letter should be signed by the physician, with the title "M.D." clearly legible. The body of the letter should include the pertinent text from the sample below.

MEDICATION REQUIREMENTS LETTER
    Traveler’s Full Name

Traveler’s Destination

The Date

The traveler named above is my patient and under my medical care and requires the following prescription medications while traveling. These medications are required for the following medical conditions:
    • Malaria prevention - lariam (mefloquine 250 mgm)
    • Diarrhea - bactrim ds or septra ds (trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole ds)
    • Diarrhea - imodium (loperamide hcl)
    • Diarrhea - noroxin (norfloxacin, 400 mgm)
    • Hypertension - aldomet (methyldopa 250 mgm)
    • Allergy - chlor-trimeton (chlorpheniramine maleate 4 mgm)
    If you are interested in "To whom it may concern" letter format, you can find it easily everywere on the Internet.

Cheers.

Josa

English
    I'm trying to translate a couple of sentences and I am not sure if they are correct.
    "This is to certify that X X suffers from Crohn's disease and she is also allergic to lactose.
    This is to certify that xx suffers from Crohn's disease. She is also allergic to lactose.

fyi: milk allergy & lactose intolerance are two different things

< Previous | Next >