to develop a technology enabling (us) to produce highly efficient vaccines against animal diseases

Stanislav_Krasulin

Russian-Russia
to develop a technology enabling (us) to produce highly efficient vaccines against animal diseases <-----Topic added to post by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Good day, everyone,

Id like to ask you, if it is necessary to put "us" or any other noun (e.g. "our laboratory", "our scientists" etc.) after "enabling" or i can just leave it like "enabling to+verb"?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    No, I'm afraid you can't leave it as "enabling to produce".

"Enable" is a transitive verb (it needs an object). The construction is "enable (someone) to do (something)".

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    If you want to eliminate "us", you can do this by changing the verb "produce" into a noun.
    "..a technology that will enable the production of highly.."

Mind you, I think "allow" would be a more apt verb here than "enable", even in the original with "us".

Stanislav_Krasulin

Russian-Russia
    If you want to eliminate "us", you can do this by changing the verb "produce" into a noun.
    "..a technology that will enable the production of highly.."

Mind you, I think "allow" would be a more apt verb here than "enable", even in the original with "us".

Thanks!

And as far as i understand, if using "allow", i will also need to put it either "technology allowing us to produce" or "technology that allows the production"? As in the previous "enable" case, i cant just write "technology allowing to produce".

< Previous | Next >