To "do woo" (term for rinsing hair)

< Previous | Next >

zeldaj

English
Hello. I am a native English speaker from America and grew up in an English-speaking household.

When I was a kid, my mom used the phrase "do woo" to describe leaning back into the water to rinse the shampoo out of your hair when you're taking a bath. ("It's time to do woo!") My mom used this term all the time so I thought it was used in other households too, but when I mentioned it to my husband he had never heard of it. I wasn't able to find anything on the internet. Due to family circumstances I cannot ask her about the phrase.

I thought someone here might know, has ever heard of it, or might have a theory about what this means. The only thing I could come up with is that she got it from saying "whooo!" when she was leaning us back into the water.

Thank you!

• sdgraham

USA English
    Hello. I am a native English speaker from America and grew up in an English-speaking household.

When I was a kid, my mom used the phrase "do woo" to describe leaning back into the water to rinse the shampoo out of your hair when you're taking a bath. ("It's time to do woo!") My mom used this term all the time so I thought it was used in other households too, but when I mentioned it to my husband he had never heard of it. I wasn't able to find anything on the internet. Due to family circumstances I cannot ask her about the phrase.

I thought someone here might know, has ever heard of it, or might have a theory about what this means. The only thing I could come up with is that she got it from saying "whooo!" when she was leaning us back into the water.

Thank you!
    Never. Sorry

< Previous | Next >