to draw/depict/lay out on the map?

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise, in the context of protection of state water resources, which of the underlined terms would you use?

Context: a decision dismissing an application to use natural mineral resources

...as to the essentials under Section 11 (3)(f)(1) of the Act No. 538/2005 Coll. to submit cadastral maps to the parcels on which boreholes are located including drawing [depiction / layout ] of boreholes, supplementing of a clear map with drawing [depiction / layout ] of all resources and of planned pipelines from the resources to the treatment facility, and of the pipeline from the treatment facility to the river. To supplement an overview of all affected parcels (also for the locations with pipelines) and to document the legal relationship to the real estate ...

Thanks.

A.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I think I would prefer to "showing the location" in the first clause

to submit cadastral maps to the parcels on which boreholes are located showing the location of boreholes,

However, I can't be sure, and I can't comment on the second part because we don't have the complete sentence, so I don't understand the structure, or how "to submit" fits in.

At this point, "Supplementing of a clear map with [depiction / layout] ]of all resources" seems wrong to me.

Please give us the complete sentence, and explain in ordinary language what you think it means.

apoziopeza

slovak
    To supplement a map which clearly shows (depicts, provides a clear layout) where mineral resources are located.
    Basically, you have a map and you draw it with a pencil or in a more sophisticated manner :)

Bondstreet

English (UK)
    From the context of your quotation it looks as if "layout" would be the appropriate word, or perhaps "location" if that is what you mean. Any of your suggested words could be appropriate, depending on what it is you are showing on the maps.

>> to submit cadastral maps to the parcels..."

Do you mean: "to submit cadastral maps of the parcels..." ?

Cagey

English - US
    To supplement a map which clearly shows (depicts, provides a clear layout) where mineral resources are located.
    Basically, you have a map and you draw it with a pencil or in a more sophisticated manner :)
    You have a map which clearly shows where the mineral resources are located, and you want to supplement it?
    That is what the above sentence means.

apoziopeza

slovak
    What about this? A or B?
    A
    ..as to the essentials under Section 11 (3)(f)(1) of the Act No. 538/2005 Coll. to submit cadastral maps of the parcels on which boreholes are located which will show where boreholes are located; to supplement a map which will show where all resources are located ...

B
    ..as to the essentials under Section 11 (3)(f)(1) of the Act No. 538/2005 Coll. to submit cadastral maps of the parcels on which boreholes are located which will provide a layout of boreholes; to supplement a map which will provide layout of all resources ...

Cagey

English - US
    I prefer the first version (A), but I still have the problem of not understanding why the to-infinitives are there.

I also don't think 'to supplement a map' says what you want it to say.

apoziopeza

slovak
    now I have realized that the underlined exprressions are there twice... is it ok?

..to submit cadastral maps of the parcels on which boreholes are located which will show where boreholes are located

apoziopeza

slovak
    by "supplement" they probably meant "submit" and not to use the old map and improve it, i.e., to show precisely where all the resources are located

Cagey

English - US
    now I have realized that the underlined exprressions are there twice... is it ok?

..to submit cadastral maps of the parcels on which boreholes are located which will show where boreholes are located
    You could vary it:

..to submit cadastral maps of the parcels on which boreholes are located which will show the location of the boreholes.

This is not literature, so you don't have to worry stylistic matters like repetition. However, it is true that the repetition of identical phrases may confuse the reader.

Myridon

English - US

The maps will show the boreholes if the parcels have boreholes. The maps will not show the boreholes if the parcels don't have boreholes.
    One of these is sufficient, but you're basically saying both.

< Previous | Next >