to ensure . . . within the scope of ensuring . . .

< Previous | Next >

Swarovski

Chinese - Mandarine
Context: I conducted a study to examine the helpfulness of a set of learning materials. Three intact classes were used for the experiment. The three instructors were asked to follow the lesson plan protocol to ensure the treatment integrity (i.e., the degree to which a treatment condition is employed as planned). However, as long as the treatment integritiy was ensured, the instructors were encouraged to enhance the quality of teaching by using teaching techniques they considered effective in their respective classes. The bottom line was that the treatment integrity should be ensured. I held pre-teaching conferences with the instructors seperately to discuss the above issues.

Does the following statement accurately convey the meaning? Is the use of "within the scope of" appropriate and correct?

The focus of the pre-teaching conference was to enhance the quality of the teaching within the scope of ensuring treatment integrity.

Last edited:
  • owlman5

English-US
    I think it does, Swarovski, but I don't think you need "within the scope of". I'd like your sentence better if you replaced that phrase with "while": ...the quality of the teaching while ensuring treatment integrity.

Swarovski

Chinese - Mandarine
    The focus of the pre-teaching conference was to enhance the quality of the teaching while ensuring treatment integrity.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion., owlman5. I also like the sentence better with the change.

owlman5

English-US
    The focus of the pre-teaching conference was to enhance the quality of the teaching while ensuring treatment integrity.

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion., owlman5. I also like the sentence better with the change.
    You are quite welcome, Swarovski. I'm glad you liked the suggestion.

< Previous | Next >