To fall out of touch

< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
United States, English
I learned a phrase meaning "to fall out of touch" and I can't remember it for the life of me. I keep coming up with ごぶたさる or ごさたぶる but I can't find it in any dictionaries. You'd use it to apologize for neglecting to write to someone -- I swear I've read ご???してしまってすみません...

Alternatively, does it sound natural to say something like お返事が遅くなってしまって、すみませんでした?

Thanks in advance!
  • Wishfull

    Senior Member
    I think what you are looking for is;
    ごぶさた いたしております。 or ごぶさた して います。 or ごぶさたしてしまって すみません。
    御無沙汰 致しております。

    It sounds natural to me to say; お返事が遅くなってしまって、すみませんでした

    < Previous | Next >