to feather


Senior Member
English - English
How would you translate the verb "feather" as used to describe the action of filters in digital imaging software such as photoshop that blur the edges of selected areas?

The word is also used in hairdressing, in a similar sense, to describe, for instance, a technique of thinning a fringe so that it does not form such a distinct line across the forehead. Would the same French word apply in such a case?
  • Top