To feel good/comfortable

MademoiselleMG

French - France
Hi there,

I would like to translate the expression "to feel good" or "to feel comfortable" into Arabic and I wonder which verb to use for "to feel":

Here is the context: For my part, I feel good/comfortable in my bed, I stay in it. (In the story, the man didn't feel like getting up while there was the fire in the house).

I found two verbs for "to feel": تَهَنَأَ and شَعَرَ. But should it be translated this way:

أَمَّا أَنا فأَتَهَنَّأُ بِالوُجود في الفِراشِ أوَ أَشْعَرُ بالتَرفيةِ في الفراشِ

Thank you in advance,

• MademoiselleMG

French - France
    إني مرتاح جدا على فراشي/سريري و أبقي مستلقياً عليه
    Thank you again Khidmat, I don't think spontaneously to Arabic formulas like إِنّي at the beginning of the sentence. I think you made a little mistake at the end of the sentence though: shouldn't it be أَبْقى instead of أبقي and مستلقا instead of مستلقيا ?

lama-94

arabic
    أشعر بالراحة في فراشي, فأبقى مستلقيا فيه
    i feel comfortable in my bed, so i stay lying in it.

MademoiselleMG

French - France
    أشعر بالراحة في فراشي, فأبقى مستلقيا فيه
    i feel comfortable in my bed, so i stay lying in it.
    Thank you lama-94. Your correction allows me to keep as well the formula with the verb أشعر I was searching for. I notice that you wrote مستلقيا as khidmat did while I thought he made a mistake! I apologize then khidmat to have been doubting of your answer, I was just not understanding.

< Previous | Next >