to get things done

< Previous | Next >
  • GavinW

British English
    Sorry, here is the context.

Siamo sempre in fretta (to get things done), stare al passo le ultime mode.
    Sorry, but there is an error (or errors) in your context. Part of it appears to be a translation (from English). The full, original context is required.

(But the sense is probably "combinare qualcosa" or a variant thereof...)

GavinW

British English
    I am just wondering how to say in italian, the words I have in brackets.
    Obviously! And we can make suggestions (eg "combinare qualcosa", maybe also "concludere qualcosa"...) but we can't be sure these suggestions will work for you unless we understand the context. If you don't have a specific sentence, or kind of sentence in mind, fine, a general suggestion can be made. But if you have a definite sentence (as it seems you do, or did have), then we need to know what it is. I noticed a mistake in the sentence you provided, but it now appears it was made up on the spur of the moment (?), as a possible guide to translation. But it wasn't helpful, because it wasn't "real"!

If you have no need for more detailed, and context-specific information, I'd suggest you take "combinare qualcosa" as a good translation.

HTH. (And I hope nobody thinks I sound rude....)

giovannino

Italian, Neapolitan
    Gavin, I like your "combinare/concludere qualcosa":thumbsup:. I was wondering: can "get things done" refer both to the speaker getting things done himself:

I must get a few things done before I leave (pay a few bills, find someone who will look after the cat etc)

and to the speaker getting others to do them:

In this office there are only two people I can rely on if I want to get things done

I'm not sure mine are good examples but I think they'll give you an idea.

merse0

Italy - Italian
    Sorry, here is the context.

Siamo sempre in fretta (to get things done), stare al passo le ultime mode.

I am just wondering how to say in italian, the words I have in brackets.
    Stellina, il punto è che la frase in italiano prima e dopo non suona con la parentesi da tradurre perciò sarebbe meglio averla completa in inglese.

Provo:
    Siamo sempre TROPPO DI fretta NEL FINIRE LE COSE PER stare al passo con le ultime mode.

< Previous | Next >