to hang out/either way

amindour

English, USA
Hi, I'm trying to translate "I want to hang out," but the online and book dictionaries I'm using are only giving me the literal translation of "to hang" (colgar) amd "out" (fuera).

I am also having trouble translating "either way" - as in "either way (referring to a previous sentence), you should come out here to California really soon."

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Dudu678

Español (España)
    Hang out can be translated as many things, depending on the context. Generally:

Salir por ahí. Quiero salir por ahí.

Either way,
    I'm assuming is similar to anyway, so:

De cualquier modo.

gdmarcus

English, USA
    By "to hang out", I assume you mean "to pass time with friends doing nothing much except talking". If this is the case, it can be translated many ways: pasar (el) tiempo, pasar buenos ratos, pasar un buen rato, relajarse, charlar and many others. Look up threads under "hang out" in the WR Dictionary for more (these threads also indicate slang from specific countries...so if you plan to hang out with people from a particular country, you can find their particular slang...if not, I recommend "pasar el tiempo" because it is understood most places.

psychodelika star

español
    I'd say "salir",in Spanish, I think that, there is no a word or something to describe exactly "hang out", if you are going to see movies, you say "voy a ir al cine" or "voy a ver peliculas", if you are going to a party, you say "voy a bailar" or "voy a rumbear"--> more slangy, more Colomian Spanish

gdmarcus

English, USA
    I'd say "salir",in Spanish, I think that, there is no a word or something to describe exactly "hang out", if you are going to see movies, you say "voy a ir al cine" or "voy a ver peliculas", if you are going to a party, you say "voy a bailar" or "voy a rumbear"--> more slangy, more Colomian Spanish

En inglés, "to hang out" es un termino común para expresar que se está pasando tiempo haciendo nada en particular o solo conversando. ¿No hay una palabra que significa esto en español? ¿No es "pasar el tiempo"?

psychodelika star

español
    En inglés, "to hang out" es un termino común para expresar que se está pasando tiempo haciendo nada en particular o solo conversando. ¿No hay una palabra que significa esto en español? ¿No es "pasar el tiempo"?

Pues, decir pasar tiempo con tus amigos es mas como, "spend time with my friends", al termino "hang out", para mi (teniendo en cuneta que mi lengua nativa no es inglés), es mas como salir, al cine, fiestas, hacer cualquier cosa, o estar fuera de casa. Pero ya es algo que va un poquito mas profundo. El caso es que en sí, a mi parecer, no tiene significado literal, mas bien una definicion