To hell with the A.C., man. Give me the crack ho.

AliBadass

persian
In the series prison break an inmate in his cell tells the officer walking out of the cell: Hey, can a brother get some air conditioning up here, coach? It's hotter than a crack ho's mouth, man.

Other inmate from the cell next door: To hell with the A.C., man. Give me the crack ho.

What does it mean here? Would you rephrase it? And is it just an expression for showing annoyance?

• owlman5

English-US
    It means "I don't care about the air conditioning. I want a drug-addicted woman who will give me sex instead."

In that situation, "to hell with the AC" does not mean that the inmate is mad about anything. It just means that he thinks air conditioning is unimportant when compared to "crack ho's".

AliBadass

persian
    Thank you. But there's no drug-addicted woman in there and instead the other prisoner gives him a cigarette. Is there any chance that that drug-addicted woman you mean is the drug that is given to him by his friend?

owlman5

English-US
    No. The other prisoner is asking for something that he is not going to get. It's just a silly remark about a wish. He would like it if somebody would send a prostitute to his cell. Of course, that's not going to happen.

AliBadass

persian
    Oh, thank you. So it's kind of metaphor the prisoner is using, right? He's relating the heat of a woman to the heat of the prison, am I right?

< Previous | Next >