To Hepelise

< Previous | Next >

costante

Italy Italian
Hi, I need help. Is that Hempelise only the name of a house? I suspect a sort of riddle in the word, which I can't solve. Here below the complete sentence
"To Hem&shy;pelise, in this case, a modest conversion flat formed from the middle slice of a three-storey Victorian semi."
and here the lik of the newspar article where the sentence can be read.

http://inlifeplus.com/node/4849

Thanks

• lucas-sp

English - Californian
    Whoops! I meant... "to Hempelise" = "to Hempel-ise" = "to perform the characteristic Hempel operation on."

fdb

French (France)
    It is not a typo. The article makes it clear that Hempel is the lady's name. She wants to "Hempelise" the flat, that is: redo it in her own style.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    It is worth noting that (a) Ms Anoushka Hempel is an interior designer (ii) The Hempel Hotel is a “designer hotel” near Hyde Park, London for whose interior Ms Hempel (now Lady Weinberg) was responsible.

To Hempelise, is therefore a neologism created by the writer of the piece to mean – "to convert commercial premises into a paragon of tasteful design in the manner of Anoushka Hempel." (If you like that sort of thing… ;))

costante

Italy Italian
    Thank you all. clear enough now, even if I'm trying hard to find the italian words to make this sense.
    Thank you again.

< Previous | Next >