To issue invoices

volver

french belgium
Hello,

I said to my colleague that he can issue the invoices to this following address . Can I say issue the invoices or make the invoices ?
What should I say in this context ?

Thank you

VOLVER

• roxcyn

USA
    American English [AmE]
    Please issue/make/create/print the invoices to the following addresses

Note that if you use invoices (plural) you are probably sending many invoices to many addresses, so address must be plural as well. UNLESS: you are sending many invoices to one address. Have a nice day.

Pablo

Nunty

Modified
    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    This is also a common case of "verbing a noun". In the past, I frequently told my secretary "to invoice" this or that client. More carefully speaking, though, I would say "issue invoices".

Hakro

Finnish - Finland
    This is also a common case of "verbing a noun". In the past, I frequently told my secretary "to invoice" this or that client. More carefully speaking, though, I would say "issue invoices".
    All my dictionaries give the verb "to invoice" without any notice of a "less careful" language. But of course you can't "invoice addresses", so this verb doesn't fit to the original phrase of Volver.

Nunty

Modified
    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    All my dictionaries give the verb "to invoice" without any notice of a "less careful" language. But of course you can't "invoice addresses", so this verb doesn't fit to the original phrase of Volver.
    Thank you, Hakro. It's nice to know that I am on the Side of Right.

It occurs to me that the simplest way to say this is "send invoices to these addresses".

< Previous | Next >