to kick


Senior Member
Could you tell me please which word to use if I want to express: to kick(with a feet).
In my paper dictionary I found this word: treten. However, in my online dictionary I found that this word meant: to occur.

Thank you.
  • Arukami

    Senior Member
    "Treten" would only be "to occur" in case that the word was used as short form for "eintreten". And honestly I think that really is a rare occurrence.

    Without further context, the best I can tell you is that "to kick" means "treten" in most cases.
    < Previous | Next >