to lead my life beside

mistapurple

France french
Bonsoir, j'ai une phrase dans un texte qui me pose soucis. A priori le sens n'y est pas :
An old black and white picture is leading my life beside. Le sens voudrait que la photo est un guide dans la vie du protagoniste. Est-ce que "is leading my life beside" est correct dans ce contexte?
Par avance merci, et bonne soirée!

• misterk

English-American
    Well, I don't really understand the meaning you're trying to convey. Here are a few possibilities:
    An old black and white picture serves as a guide for how I lead my life.
    An old black and white picture has been an important guide for me throughout my life.
    An old black and white picture has always reminded me of what is important in life.
    An old black and white picture has been an important touchstone in my life. ("Touchstone" = a reference point against which other things can be evaluated.)

OLN

French - France, ♀
    J'ai l'impression qu'on corrige ici un texte source en anglais. N'est-ce pas plutôt une question pour le forum English only?

LivingTree

Banned
    English - Canadian
    I've certainly felt that way about requests by an English speaker for explanations of Irish dialect ...

I assumed the poster wanted to translate it -- and unfortunately, I agree -- it just doesn't make enough sense in English to translate. I might only guess that there is a "me" missing at the end of the sentece. I'd translate it by something that conveys the meaning we all assume it is meant to have. ;)

< Previous | Next >