to make the wash

Garin

Czech - Czechia
Hello, everyone!
In Chicago PD, Voight talks to Chapman, the assistant state attorney. Voight wants to arrest a guy who is buying drugs from a cartel and distributing them, however, he does not have any hard evidence. Voight only knows about the guy's house where he keeps his money from the drug trade.
Voight: I have his money house.
Chapman:
I can't make the wash with that house.

My feeling is that the pure existence of the house full of money is not enought for her to issue the warrant. But why "make the wash", where does it come from?

• dojibear

English (US - northeast)
    I've never heard "make the wash" used like this before. From context, it is slang meaning "obtain a warrant".
    It might be standard police slang, or it might be slang in this one (fictional) police station.

My feeling is that the pure existence of the house full of money
    Correction: this "existence" is not a fact. It is what Voight believes. If Voigt could prove that the money was there, a warrant could be issued.

Garin

Czech - Czechia
    Correction: this "existence" is not a fact. It is what Voight believes. If Voigt could prove that the money was there, a warrant could be issued.
    In fact it is, their "C.I." confirmed that the basement of the house is full of cash, they even have it on video but - as one of the cops says: "It is not illegal to keep cash."