To my friend from X (gift label)

FrTwist

English - Canada
My child celebrated their birthday and will give a small gift of a sticker sheet to each child in the class. On the back I’d like to leave the following generic note in French as I don’t know each classmate’s name:

“I turned 4 years old!”
To my friend
From (child’s name)

Would the following be correct?

J’ai quatre ans!
À mon ami(e) (Or should I write “Pour”?)
De (my child’s name)

I’m particularly unsure of the how to generically address both the female and male friends in the class in one message and whether it should say “Pour” instead of “À” Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
  • FrTwist

English - Canada
    Thank you for your reply. If I want the token gift to be cute, can I simply write “De (child’s name) as the child is so young that it is without a doubt that help was given to put it together leading me to wonder whether “de la part de” (on behalf of... (my understanding of the phrase) is necessary?

Itisi

English UK/French
    'De (child's name) would not be cute, it would just not make sense. You would have to just put your child's name by itself, if you don't want to put 'De la part de'.

FrTwist

English - Canada
    'De (child's name) would not be cute, it would just not make sense. You would have to just put your child's name by itself, if you don't want to put 'De la part de'.
    Thank you. Would it be better to write “Pour mes amis et amies” instead of “À mes amis et amies” since I have no further message directly to them, just simply the opening phrase about turning 4 years old?

< Previous | Next >