To perform / conduct / make a study

Dwight Schrute

Français - France
Hi,

During one of my job, I made a few sales studies and I would like to write it on my cv/resume. The problem is I do not know what are the most accurrate verbs.

I wanted to write:

. Performed occasional sales studies

I am affraid "conducted occasional studies" might sound too pompous and scholar compared to what I actually did.

Anyway I was just hoping you could give your opinion about this issue!

Thank you

• Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    I'd use conducted or performed; "made" doesn't work in English (remember to capitalize the name of a language!).

P.S.: A couple of spelling notes: accurate; afraid.

Dwight Schrute

Français - France
    Thank you for your replies. This is really helpful. And sorry for the spelling mistakes.

To make sure I am writing proper English, is "sales studies" understandable? Or should I use "studies on / about sales" ?

dermott

B.E. via Australian English
    I don't think sales studies conveys the notions of research and analysis. It could sound like you took a study course in sales techniques. It was my first assumption in #2. I would also omit occasional. It's a bit "soft", you don't want "soft" words in a CV. I'd suggest something like, Undertook sales research and analysis. It doesn't sound pompous. It might be dressing up what you actually did a little but that's what CVs are for. ;)

Dwight Schrute

Français - France
    I don't think sales studies conveys the notions of research and analysis. It could sound like you took a study course in sales techniques. It was my first assumption in #2. I would also omit occasional. It's a bit "soft", you don't want "soft" words in a CV. I'd suggest something like, Undertook sales research and analysis. It doesn't sound pompous. It might be dressing up what you actually did a little but that's what CVs are for. ;)
    Great, I really like your sentence, sounds so much better than my previous sentence.

Thank you too Parla.

< Previous | Next >