To prevent loss, or at least assist recovery, ... At a such company

< Previous | Next >

aneg13

Banned
Portuguese
My college english tutor gave me the flw. text to fill the blanks, what I did, and it seems they are correct.
But he doesn't agree with the or and a such.. ( in red) . Didn't say why and that is not aceptable. Is he correct? and why ?

thanks

Approximately one airline passenger in every thousand arrives​
at their destination to find that part or all of their baggage has not arrived with them. For many passengers this means a wait of hours or days, with all the associated inconvenience, until the missing item is
being located and forwarded. Others, less fortunate still, have to resign themselves to the fact.
that their bags are actually lost and, as the days turn into weeks, face the fact that they are unlikely ever to see them again.
To prevent loss, or at least assist recovery, passengers are urged to make sure that identification tags are secure and up-to-date, an itinerary with addresses is enclosed and that bags are distinguishable from others of the same make. Airlines recommend the use of colour red tape or large elasticated straps made specifically for this purpose.
Lost or delayed luggage actually costs the world’s airlines over £6 billion per year. They get some of this back, however, by selling off those lost items which are never claimed by their rightful owners. After months of intensive tracking, airlines send hopelessly lost luggage to companies which sort the contents and then put them on sale at bargain prices. At a such company in Alabama, the leftovers of flying are laid out in a vast store, and has
itself now become an attraction for tourists from all over the world. Who knows, they may even come across some of their own stuff.​

• Perdue

UK
    UK English
    To prevent loss, or at least assist recovery, passengers are urged to make sure that identification tags are secure and up-to-date, :tick: This is correct
    . At a such company in Alabama, the leftovers of flying are laid out in a vast store, :cross: This is incorrect.
    You could change the word order slightly : eg. "at such a company", but I would suggest "At one of these companies, in Alabsma..."

Lexiphile

England English
    Perdue is correct (as well she should be, since she is an entire university in Indiana), but I find it odd that your tutor has overlooked some rather more serious errors in this paragraph. Forum rules forbid me to proofread it for you, so perhaps you should look more closely at it.

aneg13

Banned
    Portuguese
    Thanks for the advice, but I can't change the sentence, the blank is ....

At ______ such company in Alabama, the ....

I must fill this blank ... I wroote a ... and he (tutor) said wrong... I gave the idea of ... At one such ( but sounds no correct)... then I gave up once I agree that the right sentence would be... At such a company....

I only wanted to understand what kind of word can fill the blank so that in next class i can make my point....

thanks.

< Previous | Next >