to reside

mario_casu

Italian Italy
Hello everybody,
can anyone tell if the verb RESIDE is correct here:

Whether a new technology will be adopted RESIDES mostly in keeping the cost per device unit as low as possible.

If there are other mistakes, I will appreciate your help!

Thanks a lot!
Mario

• Auno

Banned
    Australia - English
    Hello.

You could say this, and it certainly isn't 'wrong', but it would be more readily understood this way:

"Adoption of a new technology will depend primarily on keeping unit cost per device as low as possible."

Samu!

Italian - Italy
    I'm resuming this old thread to ask everyone an opinion on this sentence:

"The main reason for such a growth resides in the excellent chemical properties exhibited by this class of materials..." (it's a market trend analysis)

I'm not sure about that "resides". There's probably a better way to say it (?).

Thanks everyone

Paulfromitaly

Italian

"The main reason for such a growth resides in the excellent chemical properties exhibited by this class of materials..." (it's a market trend analysis)

Thanks everyone
    Devi scrivere anche l'ORIGINALE in italiano.

Psy577

Italian
    Credo che probabilmente nel caso di Samu! il verbo 'rely' può funzionare, nel senso:

The main reason for [whatever] relies in [whatever].

ISNT IT? ;)

Cattivo

American English

Thanks everyone
    I would use "rests with"

The main reason for such growth rests with the...

< Previous | Next >