to set an alarm

yuechu

Canada, English
大家好!

I know this question is fairly basic, but I'm not sure how to say it. How would you say "I set my alarm for 7 am" in Chinese?
Thanks! 谢谢!:)

• yuechu

Canada, English
    Thanks, Simon! Does that mean "My alarm is set for 7 am" or "I set my alarm for 7 am"? (I know there's not much difference between them, but I'm just curious!)

Last edited:

SimonTsai

Taiwanese Mandarin
    I guess that it's in the passive voice but can't be sure. I guess so because you can alternatively say, '我把鬧鐘設在 (早上) 七點', which is obviously in the active voice. But as you said, there's no much difference.

Vincent Tam

Chinese and Cantonese
    Hi yuechu,
    I would say
    我将闹钟调到 (早上or朝早) 7点,this version is for Cantonese
    我把闹钟设在早上7点,this version is for Mandarin

yuechu

Canada, English
    Just to add another suggestion another Chinese person provided me with: 我把闹钟设到早上7点 is also possible.
    Thank you all for your help! :)

KnowabitChinese

Chinese
    In real life, it seems I almost always heard:
    我将闹钟朝早7点。
    But rarely:
    我将闹钟早上7点。
    Unless the Cantonese speaker is deliberate uttering it in standard Chinese?
    That’s opposite of what I usually said or heard. 校 usually means to correct something in Mandarin , like a watch. 朝早 is never used in Mandarin. The most colloquial version is “我定了早上7点的闹钟”.

Bule&sky

Mandarin
    大家好!

I know this question is fairly basic, but I'm not sure how to say it. How would you say "I set my alarm for 7 am" in Chinese?
    Thanks! 谢谢!:)
    You'd better write "in Mandarin" or "in Cantonese" instead of "in Chinese" in future, much difference between the both languages.

yuechu

Canada, English
    You'd better write "in Mandarin" or "in Cantonese" instead of "in Chinese" in future, much difference between the both languages.
    Oh, actually I am interested in both Mandarin and Cantonese so all of your replies are very helpful to me!
    谢谢大家的帮忙!:)