to shake head

  • nichec

    Senior Member
    Is there any word for (to shake head)?

    I mean, shake head to accept something or decline something.

    I believe that you nod when you agree with something, and you shake your head when you disagree. (or when you are dancing:D)


    Senior Member
    U.S. English
    The word is "nod". Nod is usually an up/down movement and therefore is used for acceptance. She nodded in response to my proposal.

    "Shake head" is usually a side-to-side movement indicating a decline. Often the word "no" is added. She shook her head no to my proposal.