to spin the borderline hostile act

< Previous | Next >

Anczan

Czech/Polish
Hello,

I am much into the movie "Beastly" unfortunately I could buy only all English version, the thing is that there are many phrases from colloquial English that I don't understand, most of the time urbandictionary.com helps but I can't figure out the last one:

The main character Kyle (at the time with mutilated face) says this to his new tutor who is blind. It is supposed to say something about Kyle's father who avoids his son because he can't bear the sight of him being miserable and ugly.
Obviously, he forgot to spin the borderline hostile act of hiring a blind guy to tutor his creep show son.
Thank you so much for any help!!

• Copyright

American English
    Obviously, he forgot to spin [cast in a favorable light; put a positive emphasis on] the borderline hostile [very close to being hostile] act of hiring a blind guy to tutor his creep-show son [a boy who is so weird he should be in a creep show -- a carnival of creeps on display for the public].
    I've added a hyphen to "creep-show" because it's a two-word adjective for "son."

Welcome to the forum with your creepy question. :) Enjoy your movie.

Anczan

Czech/Polish
    Thank you so much!! Wonderful, great. Finally it makes sense:) The forum is now in danger of me posting more and more threads;)

< Previous | Next >