To the point that...

< Previous | Next >

Ashraful Haque

Bengali
"I don't wanna exaggerate it 'TO THE POINT THAT' it sounds fake".

I said this when speaking about my accent.
-Did I use 'to the point' correctly?
-And, what does it mean exactly?

• Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    -And, what does it mean exactly?
    If you don't know what it means, we don't know what you intended by it, and so we can't say if you used it correctly or not.:)

I think you've probably used it correctly but tell us what you meant in any case please.

I don't wanna
    "Wanna" isn't a word. It's a representation of how "want to" is pronounced in some American accents. If you don't have a natural American accent, using it can sound very odd.

Ashraful Haque

Bengali
    If you don't know what it means, we don't know what you intended by it, and so we can't say if you used it correctly or not.:)

I think you've probably used it correctly but tell us what you meant in any case please.

"Wanna" isn't a word. It's a representation of how "want to" is pronounced in some American accents. If you don't have a natural American accent, using it can sound very odd.
    First of all, Thank you very much for your reply.
    I've always watched English cartoons and movies since I was a child. To be honest there's a lot of things I've picked up from them subconsciously.

So it is actually one of those things that just came out of my mouth but Im not sure what the dictionary meaning would be. As for you question, I think it means SO MUCH/TO THE EXTENT.

And I prefer wanna over want to as I'm into the casual conversational English rather than the formal style.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    [Topic drift removed. DonnyB - moderator]

To the point that - to such an extent that (i.e. it is extremely exaggerated, so you end up sounding fake).

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >