To those in Egypt

Josh_

U.S., English
I just wanted to extend some well-wishes to all of our members living in Egypt. We value and appreciate your contributions to the forums, but more importantly we value and appreciate your friendship. Your absence (due to the Internet being cut off there) has been felt over the last few days and with all that is going on in Egypt right now, we have been worried about your welfare.

Our thoughts are with you. Please let us know that you are okay when you are able.

Josh

Last edited:
  • EmilyD

U.S., English
    I have been absent from the fora for too long...and will be doing more reading than responding for a little while, but wanted to echo Josh's sentiment...

My thoughts are with you...

heehee, tried using a white font for the "with" and found the word invisible...

Sending warm wishes from snow/ice covered Rhode Island ~

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    Hi Josh,

I just saw this thread now. Thank you! And thank you, Nomi.
    I don't know how many Egyptian foreros are on this forum, but I know that at least 3 of us are ok. I hope the others are fine too.

Elle Paris

American English
    All the best to you dear friends. May God bless you and keep you safe!
    جميع أصدقائي الأعزاء أفضل لك. قد بارك الله فيك ويحفظك! (I hope that's correct!)
    Meilleurs voeux a vous tous, les amis! Que Dieu vous garde!

Nanon

français (France)
    It's so good to hear that the Egyptian members of this forum are well. Our warmest thoughts and a huge مبووك are with you!
    My Arabic doesn't go much farther than that, but...

bondia

English-England
    ... And to those in Libya?
    I would spare more than a thought for them, but maybe we need a new thread. I just hope that, somehow, all these countries in turmoil may find a path to peace and reconciliation.

Valeria Mesalina

Spanish, Spain
    All right, now that Egypt is no longer making the headlines please fellow Egyptian foreros let us know, if you can, how everything's going on.

Peace and freedom is easier said than done; and I for one am still worried about you all.

Elle Paris

American English
    Yes, when I was in France. I was upset that we, the Americans went and invaded Iraq without waiting for the green-light from the UN, now I am worried about the Libyans who ask us to help them...and we wait for UN to give a green-light. It is so confusing, especially since the Libyan opposition does not want anyone on the ground from over here in their country... what is the right thing to do? France seems to decode it well ...or at least better. The catastrophe in Japan has put this all on a back burner and it is very disconcerting to realize that we humans can only concentrate on one thing at a time!
    Poor world!

Last edited: