to threaten with

< Previous | Next >

i heart queso

English, Canada
Hallo alle, guten Abend:

Ich habe versucht, "He threatens with leaving the group or throwing Robert out" zu übersetzen aber ich weiß dass meine Übersetzung nicht richtig ist. Könnte jemand mir damit helfen?

"Er droht mit die Gruppe zu lassen oder Robert hinauszuwerfen".
"Er droht, die Gruppe zu lassen oder Robert hinauszuwerfen".

Vielen dank für die Hilfe.

• Jana337

čeština
    Hallo alle, guten Abend:

Ich habe versucht, "He threatens with leaving the group or throwing Robert out" zu übersetzen, aber ich weiß, dass meine Übersetzung nicht richtig ist. Könnte mir jemand mir damit dabei helfen?
    NB: The two commas I added are not optional in German.

"Er droht mit die Gruppe zu lassen oder Robert hinauszuwerfen".
    No, you can't use "mit" like that. If you want to use it, change it to "damit" (plus a comma) but I think it sounds better without it.
    "Er droht, die Gruppe zu lassen oder Robert hinauszuwerfen".
    Sounds good but I'd suggest "verlassen".

b00nish

German - Switzerland
    Well, to me the situation is not completely clear.

Is it like:
    He either throws Robert out or he leaves the Group.

Translation would be: "Er droht (damit) die Gruppe zu verlassen, oder Robert hinauszuwerfen."

Or is it like:
    They (the group) either throws Robert out or he (not Robert of course) leaves the group.

Then it would be "Er droht (damit) die Gruppe zu verlassen, wenn sie Robert nicht hinauswerfen."

Or even something else?

[I'd use the 'damit' which i enclosed in brackets but it's maybe not 100% necessary]

mgsth

Germany / German
    The content is not completely clear to me either, but the most logical thing would be that he either throws Robert out or he'll leave the group.

Er droht damit, Robert hinauszuwerfen oder ansonsten die Gruppe zu verlassen.

die Gruppe zu lassen is wrong, by the way. I think that would be more like let the group (do sth).

< Previous | Next >