To turn off - sexually

Ballerina_NYC

italian
Ciao a Tutti,

sto cercando di tradurre questa frase : What turns you off in what a guy wears.

Pensavo: Cosa ti fa passare ogni tipo di attrazione sessuale per un uomo

Che ne dite?
Thanks

• Matrap

Italiano
    Ciao Ballerina

Io direi: "Cosa ti fa passare la voglia nell'abbigliamento di un uomo/ragazzo?"

There are plenty of ways to say this though, let's wait for other suggestions too.

Akire72

Italian - Italy
    Dalle mie parti si dice: "far passare tutta la poesia" (non scappare).
    Quindi direi: cosa ti fa passare tutta la poesia riguardo all/nell'abbigliamento di un uomo?"

prowlerxpla

Italy Italian
    Io direi "cosa di come e' vestito un uomo ti fa passare la fantasia di andarci a letto?"
    Ovviamente andarci a letto puo' essere sostituito con tutti i suoi omologhi meno educati...
    Ciao Pier:)

rrose17

Canada, English
    Just to say that the English is very awkward and I think more likely would be
    What does a guy wear that turns you off?
    What things that guys wear turn you off?
    And to turn you off/on is not exclusively sexual. A woman might say "It's a real turn off when a guy talks about himself all the time." It's a real negative in the way I look at him, maybe sexually but more just in general.

ginestre

In an article about women, secular humanism and politics I have the following sentence, whose rendering in Italian mi piace poco:

These little boys are a turn-off for women of all ages, but particularly for the young.
    Questi ragazzini fanno scappare tutte le donne, specialmente quelle giovani.

Context:
    A good many of them,(ie: a certain kind of man previously discussed at length) when asked why women are more religious than men, replied that women are stupider than men. These little boys are a turn-off for women of all ages, but particularly for the young.

Molti di loro, se gli chiedi perché le donne sono più propense alla religione che non gli uomini, rispondono che le donne sono solo più stupide rispetto ai maschi. Ragazzini così fanno scappare tutte le donne, specialmente quelle giovani.

Any ideas? Thanks, as usual!

Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    It sounds really good to me!

Maybe you can also use "deludono" here....The meaning is slightly softer if you say "Ragazzini così deludono tutte le donne, specialmente quelle giovani" instead of "fanno scappare", and in the end "fanno scappare" sounds better to my ears in this context.

Last edited:

curiosone

AE - hillbilly ;)
    And to turn you off/on is not exclusively sexual. A woman might say "It's a real turn off when a guy talks about himself all the time." It's a real negative in the way I look at him, maybe sexually but more just in general.
    I'd like to emphasize this point and add to it. A "turn off" is not only sexual, nor even exclusively related to different genders, or to sex. I can say "People with bad manners turn me off" or even "The hard-sell approach in promoting a product is a real turn off, for me" or "This music really turns me off."

< Previous | Next >