To tweak the curvature of the sides, he used the Node tool to edit the control points

< Previous | Next >

seeeker

Is the following sentence structure correct or clear?

To tweak the curvature of the sides, he used the Node tool to edit the control points.

I am confused by the two "to's" here.

The text is from a description of the app "Affinity Designer".

• entangledbank

English - South-East England
    Editing the control points is a specific task which has the larger goal of tweaking the curvature. So there are two purposes: he used the Node tool, and that was for editing the points, and that in turn was for tweaking the curvature.

seeeker

Hello,
    I imagine it could be :
    In order to tweak the curvature of the sides, he used the Node tool to edit the control points.
    Hello Arundhati,

Thank you for your helpful reply.

My confusion is that how the node tool or control points coonect to the action of tweaking. Maybe the phrase "to edit the control points" is simply modifying the Node tool.

Editing the control points is a specific task which has the larger goal of tweaking the curvature. So there are two purposes: he used the Node tool, and that was for editing the points, and that in turn was for tweaking the curvature.
    Thank you for your helpful reply. The sentence makes complete sense to me now.

Myridon

English - US
    My confusion is that how the node tool or control points coonect to the action of tweaking. Maybe the phrase "to edit the control points" is simply modifying the Node tool.
    Control points are a type of node so you use the node tool to modify them. The control points "control" the shape of the curve. You place some points and the software draws a curve around and/or between them in some way. Modifying the control points modifies the shape (curvature) of the curve. A small modification is a "tweak".

seeeker

Control points are a type of node so you use the node tool to modify them. The control points "control" the shape of the curve. You place some points and the software draws a curve around and/or between them in some way. Modifying the control points modifies the shape (curvature) of the curve. A small modification is a "tweak".
    Thank you for your detailed reply, Myridon. Much appreciated.

< Previous | Next >