to up your entertaining game

Lee Jongho

Korean
What does "to up your entertaining game" mean?

What does "in a mix-and-match modern palette" mean?

The source is "Curva Lacquer Tray" by west elm.

The complete sentence follows:

The layered look: Our Curva Lacquer Trays, in capsule and half-round shapes, can be used on their own or nested together for serving (perfect for, say, cheese and crackers) and easy storage. They’re made from food-safe lacquered wood in a mix-and-match modern palette to up your entertaining game.

Last edited:
  • reno33

English - USA
    This means something like:

Your trays can be mixed (in color) or matched (in color).......that is: you can have trays that are the same color or you can have trays with different colors. with modern palette (modern color styles)

"to up your entertaining game" - to make your hosting your party more interesting and convivial

Last edited:

Lee Jongho

Korean
    This means something like:

Your trays can be mixed (in color) or matched (in color).......that is: you can have trays that are the same color or you can have trays with different colors. with modern palette (modern color styles)

"to us your entertaining game" - to make your hosting your party more interesting and convivial
    Thank you for the kind and detailed explanation..^^

kentix

English - U.S.
    "Up your game" is a sports analogy. "Your game" is a reference to how well you play.

A golfer might be asked, "How's your game?"

That means, "How well do you play?"

He might answer "Pretty good. I won a tournament last week."

"Up your game" means "improve how well you play." You make your level of play higher, i.e. better.

So in the ad they are pretending like hosting people at parties and dinners (called entertaining) is like a sport. They are saying you can do a better job as a host by using these trays.

Lee Jongho

Korean
    "Up your game" is a sports analogy. "Your game" is a reference to how well you play.

A golfer might be asked, "How's your game?"

That means, "How well do you play?"

He might answer "Pretty good. I won a tournament last week."

"Up your game" means "improve how well you play." You make your level of play higher, i.e. better.

So in the ad they are pretending like hosting people at parties and dinners (called entertaining) is like a sport. They are saying you can do a better job as a host by using these trays.
    Thank you for the kind and detailed explanation..^^

< Previous | Next >