to welcome our many new clients that joined us throughout this and last year.

bernar3

Spanish, Spain
Hello,

Does the second part of the sentece from to welcome... sound natural? Is there a better way of expressing it?

We wish to thank you once more for your continued support and to welcome our many new clients that joined us throughout this and last year.

Thanks

• GEmatt

English/BE, Français/CH, Deutsch/CH (rustier & rustier)
    We wish to thank you once more for your continued support and to welcome our many new clients that who have joined us throughout this and last year.
    Hi bernar3,

I just changed that to who, since I prefer who when dealing with people. Also, I added have. Who have joined us...

katie_here

England/English
    It sounds okay, but I would like to suggest these changes.

We wish to thank you once more for your continued support and to welcome our many new clients who joined us throughout the last two years. .

Another little suggestion

We wish to thank you once more for your continued support and would like to take this opportunity to welcome our many new clients who joined us throughout the last two years. .

AngelEyes

English - United States
    We wish to thank you once more for your continued support and to welcome our many new clients that joined us throughout this and last year.
    Why don't you welcome them first and then thank them? That seems to follow a more logical time-frame.

Also, if the clients have been with you since last year, they're not new. The ones this year are, however.

Here's just one example of what I'm saying:

We wish to greet our faithful clients from last year and offer a heartfelt welcome to our new ones this year. We thank all of you for your continued loyal support.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but you're addressing both old and new clients alike, aren't you? You don't want to leave either group out of your welcome. That's why it's important to express your words separately to them both, I think.

Hope this helps. :)

AngelEyes

< Previous | Next >