TOBI - tobramycin

Radish

USA English
Example sentence/context:
I am looking for an equivalent to inhaled tobramycin. I have heard that "Centamina" (Spanish) could be such. Does anyone know if this is correct and what the English name of Centamina is? English or Spanish reply OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • sergio11

Spanish (lunfardo)
    Radish said:
    Example sentence/context:
    I am looking for an equivalent to inhaled tobramycin. I have heard that "Centamina" (spanish) could be such. Does anyone know if this is correct and what the English name of Centamina is? English or spanish reply OK.
    Radish.

---------------------
    :cross: :thumbsdown: For what I found in the Internet, Centamina is the name of a race horse and there is no medical drug or medical anything by that name.

:cross: :thumbsdown: There is "Centramina", which is an amphetamine, having no relationship with tobramycin, inhaled or otherwise.

:tick: :thumbsup: Finally, the one you are looking for, Tobi, is called Tobi in Spanish. You can find it in the Web if you look for it in Google, or go to the following URL:

http://www.tevatuteur.com.ar/nueva/htm/prospecto_tobi.htm

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Radish said:
    I am looking for an equivalent to inhaled tobramycin. I have heard that "Centamina" (spanish) could be such. Does anyone know if this is correct and what the English name of Centamina is? English or spanish reply OK.
    Hi Radish... and welcome to the forum.

tobramycin = tobramicina (Mosby Medical Dictionary)

Saludos,
    LN

EVAVIGIL

Spain / Spanish
    Hola, Radish:

También del Mosby;

-sulfato de tobramicina (tobramycin sulphate): antibiótico aminoglucósido prescrito para el tratamiento de la infección ocular externa, septicemia e infecciones del tracto respiratorio inferior y del sistema nervioso central.
    Saluditos.

EVA.

< Previous | Next >