Todo el mundo excepto yo

< Previous | Next >

Dupont de Nemours

Spanish - Spain
Would you say that the following sentence is correctly written in english?: " Everybody except I run into the room". And what about its translation? : "todo el mundo excepto yo corrieron a la habitación?
Natives's help is welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Calvy667

English
    "Everybody except me ran into the room". That's how I would say it as a Native. I don't know if saying "I" is correct or not, but it's ran instead of run in that context. And the Spanish translation is correct to me as well.

Dupont de Nemours

Spanish - Spain
    Thanks bairn. I made a mistake as the sentence is " Everybody except I ran into the room" and the doubt is between I and me. Are you sure that me is more correct than I ?

Masood

British English
    Would you say that the following sentence is correctly written in english?: " Everybody except I run into the room". And what about its translation? : "todo el mundo excepto yo corrieron a la habitación?
    Natives's help is welcome.
    Hola
    Mejor que escribas la frase española primera y entonces podemos traducirla al inglés.
    Saludos

bairn

english - scottish
    I'm sure "me" is correct in this context, and Calvy is correct that it should be "ran", I hadn't noticed the past tense in the spanish. So,

Everybody except me ran into the room.

< Previous | Next >