Chinese, English, Singapore
Hi all,

Can this word Togaōchi be written in Kanji or any other form. I know it means the "Fallen One", in Chinese 咎落. For 咎落, 咎 and 落 can be separated to give the meaning of the "Fallen one". Can the same be done for to Togaōchi?(Since Japanese to a certain extend is similar to Chinese.)

BTW i am currently reading D.Gray Man(Manga).

Any help will be appreciated.
  • I just did a cursory Web search and found the word in anime/manga discourse (most commonly as 咎落ち /togaochi/). I believe this is a made-up word used in a manga work. As this is not part of the common parlance of Japanese, I am not sure how to answer your questions.