touch and go

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    We have discussed "touch and go" in a previous thread. The origin is from avaition: an aircraft comes down, the wheels touch the runway, and then it immediately goes up again, without completing the landing.

In general usage, the term has come to mean 'tentative' or 'with an uncertain outcome'.

saludos,
    Cuchuflete

belén

Spanish, Spain, Catalan, Mallorca
    My father is a pilot and in his aeronautical slang he says "touch and go" in Spanish as well. They use a lot of English words.

funkwalter

Argentina - Spanish
    Hello;

talking about an aircraft, we can say "toque y despegue" as cachuflete mentioned,
    in buenos aires as an informal expresion it means that you do something very quiclky, or for instance talking about casual relationships, and we say "toco y me voy" .. giving the impression of no commitment, nothing relevant.

hope it' what you are looking for
    :)

Nincompoop

Español de España
    Sé que el hilo es antiguo, pero de todos modos, yo propondría: "pender de un hilo" o "estar en la cuerda floja".

k-in-sc

U.S. English
    ... in buenos aires as an informal expresion it means that you do something very quiclky, or for instance talking about casual relationships, and we say "toco y me voy" .. giving the impression of no commitment, nothing relevant.
    Yes, in this sense: a hookup, hooking up.