tournée de facteur

mingze13

US/English
S'il vous plait, que veut dire "tournée de facteur," comme ca:

Pour chaque fichier de service, les informations de routage (tournée de facteur etc…) sont associées, sur la base du fichier ROUDIS de la Poste.

Actuellement, je pense: "For each file being served, details of the distribution ( [ ] etc.) are associated, based on the ROUDIS file from La Poste.

This involves mailing Company A's magazine, using Company B as its agent; Company B receives the fichier containing the information.

Merci,
Anne

• Sev

France, french.
    "Facteur" in this context = mailman.
    Tournée du facteur = the "ride" (can't find a good word to explain) the mailman does each day to deliver letters. If you find the english equivalent, please let me know I'm curious...

As for "fichier de service" : it is not the file which is served. I don't know, without more context, exactly what you "fichier de service" is but IMHO it should be......help ! .....I fail to find an english equivalent and to explain correctly :eek: ...I need somebody's help too ! :)

charlie2

Sev said:
    Tournée du facteur = the "ride" (can't find a good word to explain) the mailman does each day to deliver letters. If you find the english equivalent, please let me know I'm curious...
    Could it be a round?

Gil

Français, Canada
    Sev said:
    My (Canadian) try
    tournée du facteur = mailman route

Sev

France, french.
    Gil said:
    My (Canadian) try
    tournée du facteur = mailman route
    Yes I guess that would fit. thanks Gil. And thanks Charlie too, but I think I prefer route. Could you find for Anne (and for me too, again out of curiosity) the equivalent for "fichier de service" ? Don't tell me "service file", please :) !

mingze13

US/English
    Thank you everyone -- not to worry about 'service'-- it has to do here with handling issues of magazines via data that are specified in the fichier in question. Subscriptions are "served," in the magazine industry, so you get lots of phrases that involve "serve" and "service." "Service file" actually works fine here.

And many thanks for "mailman" and "round(s)" -- all makes sense, now.

thanks much,
    Anne

< Previous | Next >