tours enveloppés


This is a kind of turn in ballet--one in a list that includes les piqués, les pirouettes, etc. I haven't been able to find this particular term in any of the ballet vocabulary lists that I have consulted. Does anyone know its English equivalent? Ballet vocabulary often remains in French, even among English speakers, so if all else fails I will leave it as is.
  • Aliph

    Senior Member
    Italian (North)
    Almost always, I'd suggest. If you google 'enveloppé ballet' you'll find the definition and videos.
    You better google “danse classique “ that’s how ballet (as a form of art) is called in French :)
    Wikipedia has a good list of terms. Sadly no “tours enveloppés” on the list with the glossary with the explanation in English.
    Glossary of ballet - Wikipedia
    Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >